Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Start a Small Business

I'll bet that as soon as you read the title to this, you were ready to skip reading further. And that a bunch of little voices started filling up your brain with messages such as :
  • I don't have the time or money to start a small business
  • How can I qualify for a Small Business Loan?
  • The Bank will want to see a Business Plan...I'm no good at those things.
  • I tried MLM and now my friends are afraid to talk to me!!!!
  • Why should I bother? Why not just get a Better Job?
  • etc. etc. etc.
Well here is some good news and some better news. First of all, every expert out there who is worth their grain of salt will tell you that you need to have a business. And the better news is that all those objections are perfectly normal. Most people feel the same way. It is just your mind trying to keep you safe. And now for the best news.....you can overcome those objections, you can have fun making extra money, and you can experience all the joy that comes from overcoming limitations and challenges. Just watch the finish of any sports event to get an idea of what that feels like!

I bet I just unleashed a whole other batch of objections from your mind:
  • What kind of business can I start?
  • I don't have enough money to pay the bills, how can I afford to start a small business?
  • I'm exhausted.
  • What does this guy know anyway.....?
Well, I know a couple of things, and I know of a man who has come as close to saving my life as anyone out there ( more about that later).
First, let me save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in self help programs and scams.

There are only a few universal truths. Most Gurus simply repackage them using different wording. They rely on "course junkies" for most of their income. These are people who keep buying course after course that tells them the same thing. The man who saved my life is different. I know this because I am an expert on sniffing out the scammers and I have had a rather unique experience with John Assaraf. This is the first time I have told this story.

This past winter was one of the lowest in the last decade of my illness. All of my existence was filled with Pain and Brain Fog. I felt completely useless and really wondered whether it was worth it to be taking up space and resources here on earth. And forget all those simple reflex responses you are thinking. I knew them. But when your every moment is agony they take on a whole different meaning.


I knew that I had run out of answers. I began looking to see if there was someone out there who could give me something I had not thought of. Most resources I knew of could only give either sentimental cliches, or formulaic answers. I floated my question into my subconscious and John's name came up. I had been getting his newsletters for some time, and recognized that both he, and his company were different from most out there. I decided to send him an email.

John Assaraf ( John's Website ) had never heard from me before this email. To him it was just another querry sent to his company inbox. And yet, he took time from his pre-Christmas activities to respond. And in one short email, he gave me clear insight into my life, my talents, and a path to pursue in order to regain some joy and a sense of achievement.

After reading that email, I was still in pain, but I had a plan.

SO! Back to those little objections bouncing around in your head. Let's summarize your situation:
  • Most all financial experts will tell you that the path to financial freedom begins with owning your own business.
  • The biggest battle you will have will be with the inner objections which have been conditioned into you.
  • You need a resource which will give you more than just a tired old formula that you can get from any library.
  • You need someone on your side who has been a success in the real world ( not someone who has made their millions telling people "how to")
  • You need ongoing support from a community who is committed to success rather than old neighbors and friends who are threatened by your success ( oh yes....that is a big one)

One of the things I do is hunt for the real experts out there.

Sure I sign up for newsletters and seminars from the fakes, scammers, and wannabees. I do this just to see what is going on. I've been watching John's company for a couple of years now, and have been consistently impressed. So I don't hesitate to recommend him to you to help you develop your business.

Here is His Website http://www.onecoach.com/

If you are just starting out, don't be overwhelmed by advice that seems to be for bigger companies. Remember about universal truths. There will always be something there for you to use.

I hope this helps,

Colin

No comments: